Which application should I use?

If you are planning to do work on a one or two family dwelling or accessory structures you should use the Building Permit application for One and Two Family dwellings. 

If you are replacing windows, doors (no header changes), siding, roofing,  or deck boards (not structural), you can use the Residential Express Permit.

If you are doing any other work you should use the application for Other Than One and Two Family Dwellings. (Commercial buildings)

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a building permit?
2. Are there specific exceptions to building permits?
3. Which application should I use?
4. Can homeowners apply for a Building Permit?
5. How much does the permit cost?
6. How long does the premit review proccess take?
7. When do I need an inspection?
8. Who requests the inspections?
9. When will the inspection take place?
10. Do I need to be there?