Oak Bluffs Police Department
The purpose and mission of the Police Department of the Town of Oak Bluffs is to prevent crime, preserve order, and to protect the rights, lives and property of our citizens and visitors. Through quality policing services using a community policing/problem solving approach, and by upholding our core
values of: service, professionalism, and integrity.
- Community policing program
- Children identification program
- Community outreach
- Court prosecution
- Firearms licensing
- Wellness check program
- Crime prevention programs
- Community Awareness
- Public Education
- Emergency Response
- Traffic enforcement
- Crime prevention
- Domestic Violence prevention
- Juvenile services
- DARE program
- Child Safety Seat Installations
- Bike Patrols
- School Resource Officer
- School Program Safety Training
- Investigative Services
- Drug Investigations
- Employee Background Investigations
- Liquor Investigations
- Licensing Resource
- Evidence and Property Management
- Continue to uphold the departments core values: Service, Professionalism, & Integrity.
- Provide firearm ID and LTC, child safety, and home and business registration services to town residents.
- Participate in the Martha’s Vineyard Drug Task Force to continue our efforts to address ongoing island-wide drug issues.
- Provided School Resource Officer program in collaboration with the Martha’s Vineyard Regional High School.
- Initiated new Restorative Justice Pilot program with MV Mediation Program.
- Participated in 2nd annual Martha’s Vineyard Police-Fire Hockey game to benefit the Vineyard House Program.
- Continued participation in the Hopeline Program, providing wireless phones and accessories to help victims and survivors of domestic abuse.
- Over 5% budgetary increase due to contractual wage increases