Facility Manager: 508-560-9998
Draft Environmental Impact Report – Oak Bluffs Wastewater Management Plan Alternatives Screening Analysis and Draft Recommended Plan - July 31, 2023
Appendix D - Not Used
Important Documents - Click Links Below to View:
Dukes County Coastal Resilience Improvement Permit Level Design (funded by the Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) Action Grant Program)
Multiple Town and Island-Wide resiliency evaluations have highlighted the vulnerability of the Dukes County Pump Station to coastal storms. Building on these evaluations, the Town of Oak Bluffs was awarded an MVP Action Grant to conduct an alternatives evaluation of coastal resilience improvements for the station and to prepare a permit level design for the selected alternative. The link below contains the Public Presentation to the Wastewater Commission in May 2023 outlining the project. The Public Presentation outline is available in English and Portuguese.
The mission of the Wastewater Department is to serve the town in meeting its wastewater needs and meet its state permit requirements.
Goals & Objectives
Expand the wastewater plant to handle future needs that will be driven by the CWMP (Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan) for the next 20 years.
- Constantly meets state permit requirements.
- Meets state permitting levels as measured by daily, weekly and monthly sampling.
- Lack of odor control complaints.
- Timely response to customer concerns.
- Repairs most pump problems with an alarm system, notifying the department before a customer even knows of a problem.
- Computer monitoring SCADA system improves efficiency in plant monitoring and process control.
- The first ever rate increase was approved at a public hearing in Fiscal Year 2023 in June of 2023. All users in the FY24 will be assessed a $200 annual additional fee in the FY24 Invoice. Users that discharge 360,001 or more gallons will pay an additional $0.012 per gallon over 360,001 gallons with usage in FY24 to be included in the FY25 Invoice.
Gail Barmakian, Chairman
Term Expires: 2026
Term Expires: 2025
Term Expires: 2024