Board of Health/Public Health Dept.
EFFECTIVE MAY 29TH ALL STATE
COVID-19 ORDERS WILL BE LIFTED
Click HERE for UPDATED MASK ADVISORY EFFECTIVE MAY 29th
Click HERE for UPDATED MASK ADVISORY IN PORTUGUESE
Town Hall will be open to the public on June 1st. Masks will still be REQUIRED while in the building until further notice.
For Public Records Requests please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond in writing within ten calendar days.
If you need to drop off an application or other documents the lobby is open between 8am and 4pm. When you enter there are mailboxes on the right hand wall. We have a BOH Inbox and Outbox. Please put the documents you are dropping off for our review in the BOH Inbox. If we are leaving something for you to pick up it will be in the BOH Outbox.
For Septic Pumpout Permits please see the tabs to the left and click on SEPTIC PUMPOUT PERMIT. Please be sure to read the instructions before purchasing the permit.
- Meeting Schedule (PDF)
- Currently being held VIA Zoom
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- William White, Chairman - April 2024
- Tom Zinno - April 2023
- James Butterick - April 2022
Local boards of health in Massachusetts are required by state and local laws and regulations to perform many important duties related to the protection, promotion and improvement of public health. These duties include but are not limited to : disease surveillance and prevention; the promotion of sanitary conditions in housing, recreational facilities, and food establishments; elimination of nuisances; the protection of the environment; and numerous other responsibilities.
The Oak Bluffs Health Department/Board of Health is dedicated to excellence in preserving, protecting, promoting and improving the health and well-being of Oak Bluffs residents and visitors. This is achieved through the implementation of disease and injury prevention programs, health promotion programs, socio-economic and environmental programs, community health and nursing services, education and empowerment sessions, and the enforcement of public health regulations. The Services provided include:
3. Issuance of:
- Food Establishment Permit
- Temporary Food Event Permit
- Septic Construction Permit
- Septic Installers Permit
- Septic Certificate of Compliance
- Septic Pump-out Permit
- Septic Pumper/Hauler Permit
- Permit to Apply Fertilizer
- Well Construction Permit
- Summer Camp Permit
- Lodging Permit
- Refuse Hauler Permit
- Body Art Establishment Permit
- Body Art Practitioner
- Public Swimming Pool Permit
- Sale of Tobacco Products Permit
2. Investigation of:
- Food Borne Illness Complaints
- Lead Complaints
- Nuisance Complaints
- Housing Code Violations
- Beach Water Quality
- State Sanitary Code Violations
4. Public Health Nursing Services:
- Covid-19 Contact Tracing
- Maternal and Child Health Services
- Home Visits
- Health Promotion
- Community Health Screenings & Clinics
- Communicable Disease Surveillance
- Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Vaccine Management
- Wellness Education & Exercise Programs