- Town Departments
- Personnel Department
Description of Duties
The Mission of the Personnel Department is to attract and retain staff for the Town of Oak Bluffs to function at it's optimal capacity and to promote a healthy and productive work place.
Duties of this office include:
- Administration of the Town's personnel programs, by-laws, classification and compensation schedules.
- Updates and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Oversees recruitment - Employment Opportunities Link.
- Works under the policy guidelines set by the Personnel Board - link for the Personnel Board - Meetings and Agendas.
- Processes and tracks workers compensation, FMLA and PLA.
- Maintenance of employee records & reports: compensation, performance evaluations, training certifications, accrual tracking.
- Provides access and information to employees regarding the Town's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) -The EAP Website.
- Support for Collective Bargaining negotiations.
- Administers the Senior Citizen Tax-Work Program
- Guides employee's compliance with State and Federal employment laws.
- Acts as a resource by providing administrative and technical support to employees, the Personnel Board, Select Board and Town Administrator.
- Position also serves as ADA Coordinator - Town's Grievance Procedures regarding ADA violations (PDF).
Health Insurance and benefits enrollment are processed through the Treasurer/ Collector's office. Access the Enrollment forms: Treasurer - Collector's Web-page
Link for Information on the Dukes County Retirement System: https://dukesretirement.com/
For information on the Health insurance plans the Town offers follow this link for the: Cape Cod Municipal Health Group for Employees
The Town offers a Health Insurance Opt-Out Program for eligible subscribers that award stipends for employees who take alternative health insurance not covered by the Town. Currently this is only available for employees covered under the Personnel By-law.
Health Insurance Opt-Out Program Terms and Conditions (PDF)
Opt-Out Program Application Form (PDF)
Administrates States Ethics Commission Mandatory Conflict of Interest Requirements for Municipal Employee
Municipal employees are required to comply with the State's Conflict of Interest law, by completing training within 30 days of their first start date and annually thereafter.
To address this requirement, click this link to self register onto the State's website and training course for municipal employees.
Senior Citizen Property Tax Work-Off Program
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) & Parental Leave Act (PLA)
Employee Personnel Policies and Procedures
- Oak Bluffs Personnel Policies and Procedures - Feb 2023
- Harassment and Non-Discrimination Policy (PDF)
- Sexual Harassment Policy (PDF)
- Code of Conduct Policy (PDF)
- Drug Free Workplace Policy (PDF)
- Workplace Violence Policy (PDF)
- Town owned vehicle use - 1-2009
- Social Media Policy -Oak Bluffs 10-27-2020
Request for Leave
Sick Leave Bank
Classification and Compensation Schedule
Job Application Forms
Employee Resources & Compliance Posters
- MA Retirement Guide for Employees Hired after April 2012 (PDF)
- MA Retirement System Guide for Employees Hired before April 2012 (PDF)
- Guidance on Pregnant Workers Fairness Act 2018-01-23 (PDF)
- OBRA-Information Guide for Temp and seasonal employees (PDF)
- USERRA_Federal (PDF)
- eeo post (PDF)
- EEO poster Supplement_ (PDF)
- Federal minimum wage notice (PDF)
- MA Wage and hour laws - 2017 (PDF)
- Polograph Protection Act (PDF)
- fair employment law poster (PDF)