- Town Departments
- Building Department
Beginning July 1, 2022 Permit Applications should be made online! CLICK HERE
The Building Department is responsible for regulating all aspects of building and property use within Oak Bluffs. If you are considering any type of construction or land use, the Building Department should be the first stop.
The Building Department is open Mon-Fri 8:30 Am-4:00 PM, closing for lunch from 12:00-1:00. Inspections occur between the hours of 10:00 and 12:00 daily.
The best way to reach us is via email @ email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed permit applications can be emailed to our department, or dropped off at the town offices. Applicant must secure all of the required signatures prior to submission to the building department. If you have questions as to which departments must sign off on your application, reach out the the building department for assistance.
All permit applications require sign off from the Assessor and the Tax Collector. They can be found at the front of our building. Fire Dept, and Board of Health will require a longer review period and the applicant should plan accordingly for this.
Any gas, plumbing and electrical permits can be emailed, or dropped off. There is a drop box outside at the bottom of the ramp.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Building Permit
- Gas Fitting
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Periodic Inspection
- Special Permits
- HIC Program
- 1 and 2 Family Dwelling Permit Application
- Building Permit Application for buildings other than one or two family dwelling
- Express Permit and WC Affadavit
- Cottage City Historic District Application
- CCHDC Agent Authorization Verification form
- Copeland Instructions AND Application
- Electrical Application (PDF)
- Massachusetts Permit Application for Gas Fitting (PDF)
- Massachusetts Permit Application for Plumbing (PDF)
- Solid Fuel Burning Application
- Trench Permit Application 2009 (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application
- Certificate of Inspection Application (PDF)
- Homeowners Exemption Affadavit
- Workers Comp Affidavit and Debris Disposal Affidavit
- Home based business application
- Demolition Application
- Demo Delay Application
- Complaint Form_Building and Zoning Dept
- NEW TENT PERMIT_2019
- Property Owner Authorization Form
- Abutters List Request Form
- ZBA Application
- Minor Structural Permit Application 2014 (PDF)
- Home Based Business Application (PDF)
The Building Department Issues two certificates that govern how a building may be used:
If Laws, codes or bylaws are preventing you from achieving your building objectives or if you are aggrieved by the Building Inspector's decision, you have an avenue for Appeal to the appropriate body.